Lesley – Solicitor Advocate
Looking back over the past three years, the number of highlights I could name are endless, thanks to my fantastic team and clients.
Some of my fondest memories over the last three years would be:
- The thank you from clients, which have been extended to each member of the team. With Claire and I regularly receiving flowers, chocolates and cards and Rachel also now receiving thank you from clients. It is truly appreciated!
- Reuniting parents with their children through the work we do, and also grandparents with their grandchildren.
- Giving children a voice by reporting their views as a court appointed child welfare reporter.
- Voluntary work as vice chair and now chair of the family law association, including organising well received conferencing and helping to shape family law for future generations by being involved in responding to government consultations on behalf of family lawyers throughout Scotland.
- Mentoring law students and taking on our fantastic new trainee, Rachel.
- Building and supporting our team.
As we move into another year, we are delighted to say 2022 will be another exciting year for us, as we have big plans to expand not only our premises, but our team.
This week, I have also enjoyed celebrating my 50th birthday with those closest to me. Check out my fabulous birthday cake, which is very fitting for my role at LA Law.
Claire – Legal PA & Office Manager
What a cliché, but every day is a highlight when you look forward to going to work everyday!
I love getting to know our clients. Everyone has a different story and problem they need help with. I am excited for the year ahead and the new challenges and new clients we will meet along the way.
Working with Lesley from day one has been the most rewarding opportunity. I have been privileged to learn from and work with such a strong female role model who is so passionate and knowledgeable about child and family law.
Having our trainee solicitor Rachel join the team last year was also a standout moment. We work really well together, and it is fantastic to watch her grow and develop confidence.
I have no doubt 2022 is going to be an exciting year for the Lesley Anderson Law team.
Rachel – Trainee Solicitor
As the newest member of the team, I am excited to be a part of the current milestone and grow alongside the business!
Reflecting upon my time so far since joining the Lesley Anderson Law Team, my highlights include:
- Meeting new clients and progressing work from day one with the support of a fantastic team. This has included conducting initial client appointments and drafting pleadings, correspondence, and wills.
- Being involved in cases from start to finish and receiving positive feedback from clients. For example, I have successfully progressed both simplified and undefended divorce actions and power of attorney applications.
- Learning new things and developing various skills every day, enabling me to grow professionally and as an individual. Working as part of such a passionate and experienced team has me looking forward to what the future holds!
We would like to extend our huge thanks to all of our family, friends and clients who have supported us throughout another successful year. We are so excited for what our next year has in store, cheers to year 4!